Friday, July 2, 2010

Spiced Squash & Kale salad

This was a little too much winter warmth and spice for my taste this time of year, but it was good and my hubby liked it! Paired up with a slow-cooked roast and you have a wonderful GAPS meal that is loaded with nutrients.

 Spiced Squash & Kale salad
  • 10+ leaves of kale and swiss chard, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1 cup or so of butternut squash, already cooked and cut into 1 in cubes
  • couple cloves garlic
  • enough olive oil to coat
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • couple pinches of salt
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • couple of pinches of black pepper or cayenne
Toss all in a bowl until evenly coated. Throw in skillet and cook on medium heat till warm and veggies are wilted - a few minutes. Stir constantly. I had to cook this in shifts in my 12 in skillet, but it stayed warm for a bit so I just transferred it directly to our plates.

The original recipe had pomegranate, which I do love, but I don't think my baby will like me eating, so I left it out.


Great way to eat some of these more bitter greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Ephesians 4:29

Related Posts with Thumbnails